Frequently Asked Questions/Policies
We are an insured Ohio based LLC bringing you quality scented wax melts, foaming scrubs, lip balms & sprays (body & linen.) We have been in business since July 2016.
Turn Around Time: Our TAT for ready to ship orders is 2-4 business days (Monday-Friday.) During the summer months of June through August we only ship Monday through Thursday to protect packages from melting. TAT does not include the time it takes your package to arrive which can vary from 2-3 day for orders in within the USA and 7-14 days for orders to Canada. We make every effort to ship ahead of our turn about time.
Sales Tax: You only will be charged for sales tax (7.25%) at checkout if you live in the state of Ohio.
Custom Orders: Please see the custom order information tab for all details on custom orders.
Shipping: We ship throughout the USA and to Canada via USPS! We do not offer first class shipping as it does not offer the protection of your package like priority shipping does.
- Shipping for the USA is a flat rate of $8.25 priority shipping for all USA orders.
- Shipping to CANADA is $16.00 USD flat rate
- We will combine shipping on multiple orders placed within 12 hours of each other, you may use the code COMBINESHIPPING on any orders placed within 12 hours of your first one where you already paid for shipping. If the code is misused you will be invoiced for shipping and have 24 hours to pay before I cancel your order and return the items to stock. Doing this will hopefully prevent the code from being misused. .
If you are local to our area of Kent, Ohio and would like to pick up your order from us, you can use the code LOCAL to waive the shipping cost on your order and then email us at email@example.com to set up a time to pick up your order.
Curing Time: We suggest curing your wax melts at least 2 to 4 weeks minimum from the pour date on the label before melting for best results.
Warmers: Our wax melts can be used in any type of warmer.
Wax: We use a blend of soy wax (more than 50%) and paraffin wax in our products.
Restocking: We have one large restock every 5 to 6 weeks. A list of what will be available is available on all our social media accounts and under the restock tab on the website. Our next ready to ship restock will be Friday, April 19 at 7pm EST.
Disclaimer: Please check label ingredients to avoid allergic reactions.
- PLEASE test a small amount on your skin before using to see if you may be allergic to any of the ingredients in the product. KEEP OUT of eyes as well and if any skin irritations occur please discontinue use and consult a doctor. Keep out of reach of children.
- These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- We will not be held accountable for allergic reactions, injury, illness or death as a result of using these product.
- The Scented Squirrel bath and body items are meant for EXTERNAL USE only and will not be held accountable for improper use of any items purchased or received from The Scented Squirrel.
- By purchasing The Scented Squirrel products, buyer agrees to all terms and conditions listed in the store FAQ page.
Exchanges & Refunds: Please contact us within 7 days of receipt of your order to notify us of any issue with our product. We will do our best to correct the situation. Since scent preference and strength is subjective, no refunds will be given if the scent or strength is not enjoyed or what was expected.
Buyer is responsible for shipping fees for returned items that they want to have refunded, item(s) must be unopened and remain in original packaging for return.
Due to Paypal’s new policy on how they are treating refunds, the shop will have make adjustments also. Any refund that is processed will be minus 3% as Paypal does not refund us back the charges like they have in the past. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.